top of page


Please contact one of the following organizations if you are in need of assistance with income, childcare, or food insecurity due to the COVID-19 pandemic:

•    Wood County Job and Family Services: 419-352-7566 ext. 8492 or Services include back rent, first month’s rent and deposit, utilities and car repair for those who have children. Also available to provide referrals to other resources.
•    Ohio Benefits: 1-844-640-6446 or Apply for Medicaid, SNAP or TANF (cash assistance).
•    Child care assistance: 419-352-7566- press 0 and ask for child care assistance or apply online at the Ohio Benefits website (above). Those needing to locate a state licensed child care provider can go to
•    United Way: Health and human service resource available to all residents of Lucas, Wood, and Ottawa counties. Connect with a community resource advisor by dialing 2-1-1, or send a text with your ZIP code to 898-211, or chat online. You can also search the community resource database on this website.
•    The Brown Bag Food Project offers food assistance as well as hygiene items. To receive services, either send a message via Facebook, call them at 419-960-5345, or stop by the office Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5:00pm-6:30pm (530 Sand Ridge Road, Bowling Green Ohio 43402).
•    Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP) is available November through March to provide utility bill assistance for electric and heating bills. The service is available for eligible residents of Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca and Wood counties. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-775-9767 or 567-432-5046 or visit
•    The Great Lakes Community Action Partnership ( provides numerous services for residents of northwest Ohio - including childcare, education, community & rural development, homeless assistance, home rehabilitation & needs, international programs, job training & placement, senior services, small business assistance, transportation, and utility bill assistance. Contact them by phone at 1-800-775-9767.


In light of the precautions being taken at MVUUC to limit the spread of COVID -19, we want to help ensure that our members and friends feel safe, healthy, and connected to our community during this period of social distancing.

For this reason, we would like to offer two types of assistance to our members and friends who belong to higher risk groups (i.e., seniors and folks with existing conditions or increased vulnerability to infection), as well as parents whose children are home due to school closures:

1.    You can request delivery of groceries and/or other household supplies
2.    You can request a daily check-in via phone call

If you are interested in receiving assistance, please contact Megan Rancier at with your name, phone number, and which type(s) of assistance you would like to receive (groceries/supplies, phone call, or both). *Grocery/supplies deliveries should be paid for by the recipient (via cash or check) directly to the volunteer.

If you are interested in volunteering to provide assistance, please contact Megan at with your name, phone number, and which type(s) of assistance you can offer (groceries/supplies, phone call, or both). You can also specify in which area/county of NW Ohio you would prefer to assist folks.

Full details will be emailed to anyone who expresses interest in receiving or providing assistance. Please direct any questions to Megan ( - thanks!

bottom of page